Monday, July 2, 2012

Update

I don't know why I can't just keep my blog updated. I do apologize for being off for so long. I have still been making art but I just have not been posting much. I am going to try to make more of an effort to post what I have been up to and keep this up-to-date, I guess I just wonder if what I say is very important. I wonder sometimes if I have anything to say that is interesting? Hmmm. I really just want to get my art seen and maybe have some people comment that aren't relatives that are being nice to me. Lol!

I recently was part of a challenge for Dede Willingham (inkiwell) who has a regular Ustream show on Weds and Thurs mornings at 9am. I found her in March, have been inspired by her and learned a lot, met a lot of other wonderful artists, discovered a lot of new things. So she was working out of a bin containing a bunch of her scraps, leftovers she didn't use in her artwork and she said she was willing to send out 2 ATCs and a handful of scraps to anyone who wanted to try to put something together then send it back to her to swap. I had never done anything like it before and decided to participate. She sent me my ATCs and scraps, then fear set in. What could I make? Would it look okay? Would anyone want my ATCs? But I got inspired and got over it. I all of a sudden had a theme and then I was able to create 5 ATCs - I surprised myself! Then before I could change my minde I mailed them out to Dede.

ATCs are Artist Trading Cards, they are the size of baseball cards, playing cards and are traded not sold.

Here are the ATCs I created. I went with a ballerina theme, its what came to me when I started working on them even though I don't watch a lot of ballet and have never been in a dance class. It was a lot of fun and I did get positive comments. Now I am looking forward to participating in more art challenges.







Here is Dede's website: www.inkiwell.blogspot.com and she had mixed media streams on Ustream on Weds and Thurs at 9am, she is found at inkiwell.

1 comment:

  1. These are really cool, you have a lovely sense of colour and placement. When I started to blog, I entered challenges and found other peoples blogs through seeing their entries, gradually, people came to visit me, which never ceases to amaze me!! Myra, your work is lovely, blog when you want to! never let it become a pressure (I've seen people just stop blogging because of that) Take care xx

    ReplyDelete